Translate

Monday, March 18, 2013

The REAL ID “Kill-Shot”…Fired from OK.

Oklahoma mother and business woman Makes a stand against Real ID in her state.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/38063

Check out more about biometrics and National ID.
https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Writer-Bio-Page.htm?EditNo=326

I was concerned when I first heard about the push for a national ID card which preceded the REAL ID ACT of 2005. At the time I didn’t know much about biometrics but what I did know is that a national ID is the hallmark of a totalitarian society and despite our government’s denials, REAL ID without a doubt qualifies as a national ID.

“We are, after all, for the first time in our history actually creating a national identification card with all the ramifications of that. That is what the Real ID law did.”– Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)

I later found it is actually much worse. REAL ID is an international biometric ID.

For the crash course in biometric ID read Biometrics 101-Your Body IS Your ID

Shortly before REAL ID had actually been passed into law states, including Oklahoma, in anticipation of its passage had already purchased biometric capturing technology. I was shocked when the DMV clerk told me that I must submit to a finger scan. Who doesn’t associate being fingerprinted with criminality? I balked but was told no scan-no drivers license. At the time I had a small child, my own business and countless tasks to accomplish every day that would be very difficult if not impossible to meet without a valid license so I grudgingly complied. I had no idea that it wasn’t just my fingers that they were scanning. The old cameras had been replaced with high resolution digital cameras that capture, map and digitize our facial features for use with facial recognition technology.

My good friend, Howard Houchen, speaks to our natural and healthy gut reaction to ID schemes like Real ID in an article he wrote called the The Id Passes on Pass ID. He’s talking about instinct. My first reaction to Real ID was an instinctive one but after several years of studying the scheme and biometric identification in general, I have come to oppose it intellectually, practically, philosophically, morally and spiritually as well. It is simply a terrible idea and a dangerous imposition on any nation. It is worth noting that this plan is, right now, being imposed around the globe, in every nation.

When you know something is dead wrong what do you do? Well, if you are like me you do everything you can. You lobby. You try to educate others and especially your elected representatives. You support good, protective legislation and oppose the bad. You write letters, organize rallies and events, you talk till you are blue inthe face. You do everything you can think of and you give it everything you got.

http://axiomamuse.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/my-real-id-reckoning/

No comments:

Post a Comment